Throwback Thursday: Erykah Badu

Thursday, January 05, 2012

THROWBACK THURSDAY...

For the first Throwback Thursday of the year, I'm going to take it back ten years to 2002. Recently I've been immersing my ears in the music of upcoming R&B artist Nikkiya. The whole hip-hop sentiment and vibe of her music really reminds me of Erykah Badu. From the neatly, head bobbing produced beats to the tone and style of her voice is totally Erykah but with a new school twist that detaches her from being a copycat artist - she's awesome.

Back to the throwback! The track I wanted to share with you this Thursday is one of my favourite Erykah Badu tracks, right of the soundtrack of one of my favourite films from that decade - Brown Sugar...


If you haven't guest yet the track is 'Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip-Hop)'. The song really connects and relates to the movie and I guess anyone in love with Hip Hop can totally relate to this track. Featuring Common alone is a reason for you to add this track to your iPod's and MP3 players. I have the video to this song on my iPod - that's how much I'm still in love with this song! Without further adieu check-check it out and enjoy...
BRILLIANT TRACK & VIDEO

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

About Me

Like us on Facebook

VIDEO