Beyonce drops new self-titled album on iTunes

Friday, December 13, 2013

Beyonce surprises fans worldwide by releasing an unpredicted digital-only self-titled album.


Friday 13th is deemed to be an unlucky date. Friday 13th in the year 2013, may well be even more unlucky, but for Beyoncé fans worldwide today is the best and luckiest day ever. Currently on her world tour the global mega-star fifth studio album was expected to drop sometime next year. However, the unexpected happened this morning when it appeared on iTunes this morning.

Self-titled the album features 14 songs and 17 videos and is currently only available via download. The move was so random Apple didn't even know!

Speaking on what they've described as "an unprecedented strategic move", the company stated that the gorilla tactic allows Bey "to deliver music and visual content directly to her fans when she wants to and how she wants to, with no filter".

Revealing her reasons behind the unpredicted release the star said:
I didn't want to release my music the way I've done it (before). I'm bored with that!
Running her own show by managing herself the "grown woman" went on to say;
I feel like I'm able to speak directly to my fans. There's so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn't want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it's ready and (for it to be) from me to my fans.
The album is in many ways Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience. The self-titled record will also be released in two parts, and according to "King" Bey it is "exclusive visual album", as she felt she was able to "see music" while recording the LP and that it was more than what she could hear.
When I'm connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion, a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies, and they're all connected to the music.
The album was also released in a way like no other, much like JT being the first to have his album streamed legally in it's entirety via iTunes before it's official release.

Beyoncé features guest appearances from Drake, Frank Ocean and hubby Jay-Z and even her daughter Blue Ivy on the record's final track 'Blue'.

I guess when you have such status, you can do anything you want! The pop star's fifth, self-titled album, is only available to download via iTunes here.

Check out the trailer below along with the track/video list. Hover over the titles to watch the officially released full length videos.

TRACKLIST
01. Pretty Hurts
02. Haunted
03. Drunk In Love (ft. Jay-Z)
04. Blow
05. No Angel
06. Partition
07. Jealous
08. Rocket
09. Mine (ft. Drake)
10. XO
11. Flawless (ft. Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche)
12. Superpower (ft. Frank Ocean)
13. Heaven
14. Blue (ft. Blue Ivy)

VIDEO LIST
01. Pretty Hurts
02. Ghost
03. Haunted
04. Blow
05. No Angel
06. Yoncé
07. Partition
08. Jealous
09. Rocket
10. Mine (ft. Drake)
11. XO
12. Flawless (ft. Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche)
13. Superpower (ft. Frank Ocean)
14. Heaven
15. Blue (ft. Blue Ivy)
16. Grown Woman (Bonus Video)
17. Credits



You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

About Me

Like us on Facebook

VIDEO