DRIZZY OVER !!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Drake - Over !!


Drizzy's new video is here !! Drake's track 'Over' is officially his new single from his debut album Thank Me Later -with a very visual video to accompany it. This time, unfortunately for the dudes out there, no hot girls are running around on your screen. Just drake, and the glimpse of two video girls, but they aren't that important. Just Drake and visuals. The video is the first of Drake's to be premiered on BET since 'Replacement Girl' 3 years ago in 2007. It got premiered today on the TV channel. The video is directed by Anthony Mandler who directed 'Live Your Life' by T.I., and the much more recent 'Russian Roulette' from RihannaSO WE DONE KNOW ALREADY THIS ANT'S VIDEOS ARE WKD AND HE GOT HIS VIDEO'S ON LOCK !! Drake told MTV that he really respects and looks up to Anthony, he also told them about the visuals and concept of the video:

"We talked colours, we talked epic, emotion-evoking visuals. I've shot a lot of videos before but this is my first attempt to establish myself as Drake the artist. Shooting the other videos I've done has been great. I really don't care what other people think about them, they were great experiences for me" He continues about the concept "It's sort of a love story in the video, it has a lot to do with the album. The album is about finding love, feeling 'Have I sold my soul' as far as 'Will I ever be able to gain the trust of a woman? Will I only be able to be around the dark, evil woman? Will I ever find that pure love?' Those elements are in the video" 
That is some seriously deep stuff, and Drizzy...I FUCKING FEEL YA !! Well like I said, I'm feelin' this video, I'm feelin' it a lot. I think some may not understand it, like how a lot of people didn't find the connection with the lyrics and the video for 'Best I Ever Had'. I guess you have to have a creative and open mind to understand, and find a concept. I'm just blessed to have that creativity !! I'M NOT BEING VAIN GUYS !! I'm sure Anthony would agree with me, as he told Rap-Up.com about the video:
"He came to me because he wanted to throw away the conventions of a medium, and take the chances and be daring and take certain themes that are relevant to him and try to visualize them in not the obvious way" 
SNAP !! Nobody else could have said it better. 
Check out the hot video below !!




THIS TRACK & VID IS 'ARD.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ALBUM TO DROP !!

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

About Me

Like us on Facebook

VIDEO