Operation Shutdown: WSHH !!

Monday, January 24, 2011

R.I.P: World Star Hip Hop

World renowned hip hop blog WSHH, otherwise known as World Star Hip Hop has vanished. YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT... The website was apparently shut down earlier today on the grounds of copyright infringement. For those who don't have a clue about what I'm talking about, WSHH was a portal for 'hip hop' videos. I use the term hip hop lightly, hence the inverted commas - like what is hip hop these days. The site gave us daily updates of hip hop news, videos, mixtapes and everything you can think of. It was also the home of comical videos, and clips of skanky females and males doing their thang, and poppin' their booties !! WHO TO BLAME... 50 Cent:
"I don't know why the people underestimate me. I just shut down WORLDSTAR for future advertising contact thisis50.com suckers lol." He then tweeted in the same hour, "I put worldstar to bed, you don't believe try me I wll shut your shi*t down. Lol."
Talk about being mean !! Well to be fair he's looking out for his artists and of course himself, as they were competition. He also also on a shutting down spree, as he tweeted that he'll be shutting down a couple more sites. This is nothing new as he filed a lawsuit against them back in 2009 for using his picture without his permission...
Plus he's already 'shutdown' websites such as OnSmash (← SEE FOR YOURSELF).Like I said previously the site did have daily uploads of skanky videos, remember the whole Montana Fishburne madness..? Yeah that sort of trash. This seems to be 50s reasoning behind the shutdown, other than the whole copyright infringement (ignore his typo):

"Me and @FloydMayweather don't thing worldstar was a good representation of black people as a whole. We will present better"

At the same time this crazy world seem to like scandalous things, doesn't it..? Don't we..? So I could agree with him there. WAT I'LL MISS... the video exclusives, but I guess somebody will handle that. WILL THEY BE BACK... well according to a tweet by one of the WSHH people they'll be back, but how sure are they..?

RIP WSHH !!

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

About Me

Like us on Facebook

VIDEO