Tom Ford ‘flattered’ by Jay-Z’s song

Friday, July 12, 2013

Tom Ford is 'flattered' by Jay-Z naming a full song after him.


Last week, rap royalty Jay-Z released his critically acclaimed 12th studio album Magna Carta Holy Grail. One of the most talked about tracks, 'Tom Ford', fittingly named after the iconic fashion designer and film director.
Along with the song, came its mixed reviews and now the very man himself, Tom Ford. Speaking to WWD Tom said of the ode:
Who would not be flattered to have an entire Jay-Z track named after them? I mean, come on, it’s pretty rare that something like that happens. It’s a kind of validation of one’s work, as it means that one has really penetrated and made an impact on popular culture. 
My favorite line is ‘I don’t pop Molly, I rock Tom Ford.’ I love that he gets a ‘high’ from my clothes. I have been dressing him for years now, and I have to say I think he looks great in my clothes. [He] is one of our biggest customers. He let me know about this quite a while ago.
His thoughts on the track goes to show people definitely interpret things differently, as we see his "molly" line as a pop at fellow rapper Rick Ross got kicked of his Reebok deal for glamorising the drug on Rocko's 'U.O.E.N.O'.

Listen to 'Tom Ford' below.

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

About Me

Like us on Facebook

VIDEO