Nicki Minaj - Your Love

Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Video: Your Love

I've been waiting for a video for this Nicki Minaj track for ages now, and here it is !! It finally premiered on MTV, and I love it. Directed by Hype Williams protégé Lil' X - the four minute video has a beautiful narrative. Nicki plays a samurai in training who falls in love with her trainer portrayed by actor Michael Jai White - you may be familiar with him in the films Why Did I Get Married. This video methinks isn't for the guys, you lot may find it a bit lovey dovey !! Lil' X did brilliantly on the directions, the theme is perfect. I mean Nicki is always going on about being a Barbie - a Harajuku one at that !! So she loves the whole Japanese style like myself - and that's just what this video echo's with the Geisha look and the martial arts right down to the ribbons. I loved the ending with the ribbon pool of blood, I was looking for the Shakespearean ending, but it wasn't mean to be !! I also noticed the video was quite Kill Bill esque !! ANYWAY... I won't spoil it for you anymore. Check out her new video from her Barbie World Mixtape.

I LOVE THIS VIDEO !!
P.S. Her debut album drops November 23rd and this track is supposed to be on it. However it has no title thus far, so I'll keep y'all posted. Hope you enjoyed, tell me what you thought :)

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

About Me

Like us on Facebook

VIDEO